MORAKNIV GARBERG KNIFE
MORAKNIV GARBERG KNIFE - BLACK CARBON - LEATHER SHEATH
This blackened Carbon full tang knife is designed to meet the long-time wishes from our most dedicated users, as well as the desires of the knife lovers that haven’t yet discovered the world of Morakniv.
The knife is developed to handle the most challenging tasks it may be exposed to. Our full tang model is the most robust knife we’ve ever made and has a genuine Morakniv design. We’ve used the best and most rugged materials in every part of the knife, from the handle to the blade. As with all our knives, it’s produced in our own factory in Mora, Sweden according to our SGM® (Steel Grade Mora) standard. The blade has a Scandi-grind profile that makes it easy to keep sharp and a ground spine compatible with a fire starter. The blade has a DLC coating: a dark, hard, scratch-resistant coating. It is very thin, only about 1.5μm. The coating helps to protects the carbon steel from corrosion.
The leather sheath is made from 3mm thick high quality black leather that offers a sleek appearance and heavy-duty support for the blade. A sturdy belt loop at the back is made from the same high-quality leather as the rest of the sheath.
GARBERG CARBON FEATURES
- OTO (One Tool Option) knife
- Blackened blade to give it a forced style patina to protect it from further corrosion
- Carbon is easier to hone or sharpen than Stainless Steel
- The high Carbon content also makes it a viable emergency tool for making Flint and Steel type fire/ignition
- The 90 degree spine on this Knife makes this tool a great tinder processor
- Best length for any blade is between 4-6"
- Garberg has a thick enough blade for heavy Batoning but yet not so thick that it becomes useless for finer work like making feather sticks or carving needed camp tools.
- The Garberg employs a revolutionary grip material and a pattern molded into the handle
- Very reliant to abrasion and wear
- Perfect blend of the Scandinavian style Forrest Knife, the Modern form of a Bushcraft Blade, and the OTO features need for a good Survival Tool.